Friday, February 23, 2007

Back again







Blogs need pictures so (if I can figure out how to do it on this new blogger system) I'll add a few of a jillion or so seamless tiles I have accumulated for the class I'm currently prreparing about printing digital fabric on home office printers. These three small seamless tiles were made from a single fractal image. The larger image at the side shows how it repeats as a fabric. Whooie! am I having fun!

Well, it has been a very busy year, complicated greatly by some insidious and severe side effects from taking a statin drug for cholesterol control. Suffice it to say that when I went off the drug a few months ago my cholesterol level went back down to low normal. I've made some fairly minor life style changes as well, so it is difficult to say exactly what caused what.

But that was last year, and this is a new one and I am back. I'm busy writing new classes for Quilt University--which, as usual, means that I am finding more things I still need to learn. I have a new digital video camera because I want to do some video clips for teaching. I know art, and I know photography--but video is another breed of cat. I know that one cannot turn the video camera to take vertical shots, and I'm still learning that you are supposed to talk to the bloomin' thing. Which leads to an area where I am really in over my head--audio--but as usual, I will learn.

I've also learned not to trust the manual for this camera. I lost all my shots of our disastrous ice storm a month ago because I didn't download them to my computer properly. At the very end, in very tiny print, and in the middle of a long list of very tiny print items, was a statement that if you didn't download them properly, you wouldn't be able to open them. That should have been in big print at the very beginning of the directions for downloading. It is my own fault, of course, but it does help a bit to to blame a poorly prepared manual.